Kindly follow the below steps to configure an email account with Mozilla Thunderbird:|
1) Launch Mozilla Thunderbird
2) Click on Tools >> Account Settingsâ€¦
3) Click on the Add Account... button.
4) Select Email account from the list and press Next.
5) Enter your name and email address, click Next.
6) Select POP as the type of incoming server.
7) Type mail.domainname.com, where domainname.com is your domain name.
8) Click Next.
9) Type your full email address in the Incoming User Name, click Next.
10) Type an Account Name as per your preference, click Next.
11) A summary of your recently configured account will be displayed, click on Finish to continue.
12) At this point you will be returned to the Account Settings dialog box. Click on Outgoing Server (SMTP) and enter the details as below:
Server Name: mail.domainname.com (where domainname.com is your domain name)
User Name: Your full email address
Use secure connection: No
13) Click on the OK button.
Your new email account is configured and ready to use at this point!
Note: When sending mail for the first time that you have configured an account, you might be prompted for a password. Kindly enter the password, and press the OK button. If you do not want to be prompted for a password again, then select the Use Password Manager to remember this password option before pressing the OK button.