Set up MySQL database
You may refer following article to know how to set up MySQL database from cPanel:
You may refer following article to know how to how to upload files/folders using FTP in Linux hosting
MediaWiki Installation Steps:
For example, you wish to install Media Wiki in "wiki" folder then you should extract the MediaWiki files/folders under this "wiki" folder. You should open this folder via browser as shown below:
It will ask you to set up MediaWiki.
Click on "Set up the wiki link" to proceed with the installation page.
Step 1: Site config
In this section, you will have to choose a name for your wiki, contact email, language and license. You will also have to set an admin username, password and select a caching method.
Step 2: E-mail, e-mail notification and authentication setup
In this step, you should configure email features for your wiki installation.
Step 3: Database config
In this section, you will have to set up your MySQL database details:
- Select MySQL for Database type
- Type "localhost" for Database host
- Enter database name, database username and password in MySQL database, username and password you created while you set up database from cPanel
- The option for Superuser account should be left unchecked
Step 4: MySQL specific options
- Database table prefix. You can leave this blank or type in a table prefix, for example mw_ or wiki_
- Storage Engine. We recommend using InnoDB as a storage engine for your database
- Database character set. Here, we recommend using Backwards-compatible UTF-8
When you are ready, click on [Install MediaWiki!] button.
If everything has been set up correctly, you should see the Installation successful message like below: